Seasonal Wildlife Rehabilitation Assistant – 2019
Position/Title: SEASONAL PART-TIME WILDIFE REHABILITATION ASSISTANT (up to 20 hours per week, Summer/Fall 2019)
Reports to: WILD CARE Animal Care Coordinator
Salary: $12.00 per hour. This position does not offer benefits.
WILD CARE Job Description: Posted 05/24/19
Purpose:The Wildlife Rehabilitation Assistant is responsible for supporting Wild Care Clinic Staff with animal patient care, including husbandry and medical care. The Seasonal Wildlife Rehabilitation Assistant will work with a wide variety of animals, including but not limited to: songbirds, seabirds, small mammals (non-rabies vector species), turtles and other native Cape Cod species. The Wildlife Rehabilitation Assistant also assists with public education through Wild Care’s Wildlife Helpline.
- Cage cleaning and animal husbandry
- Food preparation
- Orphaned bird and mammal care (non-rabies vector species)
- Prepare and administer medications
- Assist staff with animal restraint
- Admit animals and direct public to complete patient intake records
- Assist with volunteer and intern training
- Retrieve and respond to helpline messages as directed
- Secure and deploy volunteers for rescues
- Participate in rescues and releases
- Inventory food and supplies
- Ensure that animal records are properly recorded and filed
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Must hold a current MA Fish and Wildlife Service Wildlife Rehabilitator’s Permit, or scheduled to apply for a permit within 3 months of hire date. (Requirement may be waived for extremely qualified candidates with animal husbandry, wildlife experience and/or extreme enthusiasm for working with wildlife.)
- Must pay close attention to detail.
- Must take direction well.
- Must work well independently and within groups.
- An enthusiastic, detail oriented, creative, and upbeat personality is highly desired.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter, to Jennifer Taylor, Wild Care Animal Care Coordinator, at [email protected].
If you find an animal in
Our helpline and our facility
Please donate today to our SUMMER APPEAL
Please donate today to our SUMMER APPEAL. Your donations are what allows us to do the work we do. Our Clinic has been bustling all summer with baby animals, and the many success stories are only made possible by your support!READ ALL NEWS
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
28 June, 2023
Orleans Firebirds Baseball Wild Care Night!
14 June, 2023
Eat Locally Sourced and Superbly Prepared Meals, and Help Save Wildlife
18 June, 2023
Rain Date! Wild Care Will Now Host the Baby Shower for Wildlife on Sunday, June 18th in Eastham
DID YOU KNOW??
Wild Care has a state-of-the-art seabird therapy pool, which allows seabirds and waterfowl to exercise on running water. This will help our bird friends recover more quickly so they can get back to their watery habitats!