Received $1,380 in Donations – Wild Baby Shower
Thank you everyone who attended and was a part of our very special day! We had over 100 people attend and received $1,380 in donations, as well as hundreds of dollars in gift cards and supplies. This support directly helps us to care for the baby birds, squirrels, opossums, mice and baby gulls – in our care. We are grateful, and we are already looking forward to our Baby Shower 2018!
Special thanks to Wild Care Staff Amy Webster and Niki Walley for yet another great baby shower.
Photos by Wild Care Volunteer, Leo Seletsky. To view them all, click here.
Past Event Information
Wild Care Is Having A “Wild Baby Shower” on July 1, 2017
You’re Invited! Our baby songbirds, waterfowl, squirrels and bunnies are arriving at our wildlife clinic. Help us prepare for their arrival. Have a guided visit of some of our outdoor enclosures. Enjoy light refreshments and take home a party favor…
Stop by between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM. No need to RSVP. Just stop by.
Baby Shower Gifts are greatly appreciated!
Wish List – Wild Care’s “Wild Baby” Shower 2017
Below is a list of critical items that Wild Care uses for most of our feathered and furred babies! Many items can be found at Agway. If you are unsure about a product description listed below, ask Agway (Orleans) to look up our purchase “history” for that product. Or email Amy [email protected] for more details.
We hope you will print this list and take it with you on a shopping adventure!
Printable Wish List for Baby Shower 2017
- Unflavored/Uncolored Pedialyte (Local pharmacies, grocery stores)
- Gerber Chicken or Turkey Baby Food (no veggies or starches added)
- Real Feather Dusters
- Paper Towels
- Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent
- Rubber Placemats (Waffle Pattern. Christmas Tree Shops)
- Berries – fresh or frozen
- Ziploc Bags – quart or gallon sized
- Woodpecker Mix (Agway)
- Kaytee Brand Rodent Chow (Agway)
- Black Oil Sunflower Seed (shelled or hulled)
- Eukanuba Puppy Chow (Agway)
- Dried Mealworms (Agway, Bird Watcher’s General Store)
- Adams Flea and Tick Spray for animals (Agway)
- Zodiac Flea and Tick Powder (Agway)
- Walnuts (shelled or unshelled)
- Coban Brand Vet Wrap – 1 or 2” (Any color. Amazon or Medical Supply Store)
- Fleece Auto Polish Cloths (Cream colored. Dollar Tree)
- Plastic Jar Lids (Peanut butter lids, coffee lids, etc.)
- Heating Pads 10 x 10” (No auto-shut off please!)
- Small Clear Spray Bottles
- Digital Timers (battery run)
- AA, AAA and 9V batteries
Gift Cards to the Following Stores:
- Christmas Tree Shops
- Goose Hummock
- Stop & Shop
- True Value
- Ocean State Job Lot
If you find an animal in
Our helpline and our facility
Save Birds From Window Strikes
Hundreds of millions of birds are killed each year by colliding with windows. You might assume the leading culprit is tall buildings, but in fact our homes account for the greatest number of fatalities.READ ALL NEWS
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
17 June, 2023
Wild Care to Host a Baby Shower for Wildlife on Saturday, June 17th in Eastham
14 May, 2023
Mother’s Day Wild Care E-Cards!
28 April, 2023
GROWING UP WILD April 7-28, 2023
DID YOU KNOW??
Wild Care has a state-of-the-art seabird therapy pool, which allows seabirds and waterfowl to exercise on running water. This will help our bird friends recover more quickly so they can get back to their watery habitats!